LJ Corollary #3.2 You know you think too much about LJ when it infiltrates your dreams and you dream about what you should post...
That being said, you know when your husband is dreaming about swimming when his snoring definitely includes in-drawn breaths followed by forceful pursed- lip exhalations.
Coffee journals: I love Brasilian coffee: strong and rich, the kind most people say is way too strong. I have been in the habit of enjoying one cup every morning. Though I am quite sensitive to caffeine, my theory was that it was better to be used to some caffeine. If you never have any, it really knocks you for a loop when you do have some. I never wanted to be in the situation where a piece of chocolate cake would keep me up half the night.
But I have always had these problems of waking up in the middle of the night for an hour or two. Every night I would collapse into bed at nine pm and conk out, but several hours later would be tossing and turning. Two weeks ago I cut out the coffee. I have tea in the morning and decaf tea in the afternoon. I have TOTALLY stopped having any midnight wakings ever since. I have done this before on occasion and it's always the same. I don't know why I don't learn my own lesson. In talking to other family members, (father, brother, son), I have heard them say exactly the same thing.
So my advice is, if you habitually have a hard time sleeping at night, cut out the coffee. It really works. (I know you won't because you think I am nuts.)
WORK NEWS, Or How a crazy man almost destroyed a perfectly wonderful school.
To read this story, you're going to have to log in because it's not going to show otherwise...
That being said, you know when your husband is dreaming about swimming when his snoring definitely includes in-drawn breaths followed by forceful pursed- lip exhalations.
Coffee journals: I love Brasilian coffee: strong and rich, the kind most people say is way too strong. I have been in the habit of enjoying one cup every morning. Though I am quite sensitive to caffeine, my theory was that it was better to be used to some caffeine. If you never have any, it really knocks you for a loop when you do have some. I never wanted to be in the situation where a piece of chocolate cake would keep me up half the night.
But I have always had these problems of waking up in the middle of the night for an hour or two. Every night I would collapse into bed at nine pm and conk out, but several hours later would be tossing and turning. Two weeks ago I cut out the coffee. I have tea in the morning and decaf tea in the afternoon. I have TOTALLY stopped having any midnight wakings ever since. I have done this before on occasion and it's always the same. I don't know why I don't learn my own lesson. In talking to other family members, (father, brother, son), I have heard them say exactly the same thing.
So my advice is, if you habitually have a hard time sleeping at night, cut out the coffee. It really works. (I know you won't because you think I am nuts.)
WORK NEWS, Or How a crazy man almost destroyed a perfectly wonderful school.
To read this story, you're going to have to log in because it's not going to show otherwise...
coffee and sleep
Date: 2007-03-11 06:55 pm (UTC)No... the reason I won't is because I'm just as nuts as you. (or at least as you have been till now.)
:)