I ponder why I will be reluctant to share that I had a quesadilla and Brasilian coffee plus 1/2 & 1/2 for breakfast, (fake sugar added), a cheese/chile tamale for lunch, pigged out after work on mac and cheese (1/2 cup), diet root beer, cheese popped fluffs and two cappuchino (Thank you Trader Joe's!) ice cream bon bons, and followed w/ a sensible dinner of another 1/2 cup of mac and cheese plus an Italian sausage. Strawberry juice was consumed but I did not partake of the canteloupe which was reported to be excellent.
I figure that LJ is to be reserved for angst, tragedy, huge successes reported modestly, and comedy. Complaining is always fair game but can usually be included under one of the previous categories. Special allowances are made for fine photos, epic road trip reports, and of course chickens.
Perhaps I am reluctant because it is all too mundane. But think of the drama and intrigue hidden behind the mundane!
Yesterday I reported on the fascinating adventures of the chickens (!) but failed to report that I had spent a day enlightening young minds at a famous university's Young Writers and Scientists/Mathematician Workshop. Boring!
But wait, what really happened?
- I watched as the (fifth grade) students broke into groups of 4 or 5 members of their own choosing and selected names for their groups:
the Asian girls (Vietnamese, Taiwanese, and Korean) chose the names the "Yorkies"
A group of boys calling themselves the "Laker Girls" had to be admonished to stop speaking exclusively in Farsi; the fourth member of their group was not Persian, but Indian.
- A student breathed upon me with Kim Chee breath to ask a fractured question about where to find supplies for his project.
- I spoke at length to a colleague about the multiple times he was almost fired from a school district.
- I imperiously demanded of the students who had stepped on a young toad.
- The Korean group "Super East" had a falling out and divided itself into two separate entities. Perhaps I should have suggested the names North and South Korea. Loud conversations in Korean ensued. I'm not sure what was said. I don't think it was very nice, however.
- Two other groups had disagreements and split into more and sometimes less congenial sub groups
- The students all claimed they had a great day.
- I came home from work to find the front door wide open and no one at home
- Had the previously mentioned nutritious after school snack and completed the crossword puzzle.
- Had a conversation with
emosnail about how he spent three hours sleeping in the sun and turned into a lobster, all while on his workshift as a bee buster. - Other activities were included but were truly too mundane for inclusion in this journal.