UCI Day I, in which we eat watermelon.
Jul. 20th, 2010 07:30 amYesterday was the first day of our writing class. I will share with you just one boy's work. There is usually one kid, usually a boy, who really doesn't want to be there. He would rather be surfing, or skateboarding, or something else. But we can assume his mom made him come. It becomes obvious after just a few minutes that he is here to "improve himself." I take great pity on these kids. By and large they are nice kids, but THEY REALLY DON'T WANT TO BE SITTING IN A CLASSROOM IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER! That is one reason why I try to plan something entertaining everyday, and especially the first day. That is why I served watermelon. I served watermelon to everyone so they could discuss its attributes, but then there was one piece left over.
When I said that I had my eye on someone who would get the last piece of watermelon if he or she wrote something, Ryan wrote something. This is an excerpt. I really liked it, maybe because it was kind of terrible, but so terrible it was artsy. He then crumpled it up and then later scratched it out. Here is what I can make out from it:
watermelon (something, something.....
......
......
watermelon because I'm full watermelon remind me
bout stuf i do like three pees
are tasty with mashed pitato fries
His revised piece:
watermelon is round green
on the outside red on the inside
very sweet and tasty i love
watermelon
Frankly, I really prefer the original! It's such a shame that he scratched it out!
When I said that I had my eye on someone who would get the last piece of watermelon if he or she wrote something, Ryan wrote something. This is an excerpt. I really liked it, maybe because it was kind of terrible, but so terrible it was artsy. He then crumpled it up and then later scratched it out. Here is what I can make out from it:
watermelon (something, something.....
......
......
watermelon because I'm full watermelon remind me
bout stuf i do like three pees
are tasty with mashed pitato fries
His revised piece:
watermelon is round green
on the outside red on the inside
very sweet and tasty i love
watermelon
Frankly, I really prefer the original! It's such a shame that he scratched it out!
no subject
Date: 2010-07-20 06:06 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-07-20 08:49 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-07-21 04:06 am (UTC)