fruzicle: (Default)
[personal profile] fruzicle
I was talking to Eric on the phone yesterday about his consultation with the surgeon from earlier in the day. The latest is that they DON'T feel he needs surgery, they think that everything has moved a little and there is enough bone contact that it will all join up properly without the surgery. That seemed like really good news. Maybe these past five days have actually been effective.

As we were talking, he interrupted to say that he had to take a call; his surgeon was calling.

About thirty minutes later I figured the surgeon must be done; they don't have that much time to spend yakking on the phone. I called back and asked what the surgeon had said.

"What?" he asked. "I wasn't talking to my surgeon!"

"Yes, you told me you had to take a call from your surgeon."

"No, Mom, not my surgeon, my Sergeant."

"Oohh. " (whoops.)

"He says that they don't have any desk jobs for me. I'll be out of work for five months."

That seems really extreme, but what are you going to do. The police department certainly doesn't want a guy going head to head with a bad guy, re-injuring themselves on the job, and then needing workman's comp. I suggested Eric start up his e-bay business again. I had also previously (like last Friday) suggested to him that it would be a good time for him to take that one last class he needs to get his AA. At the time, he pooh poohed the class idea. "I can't be writing when I can't use my arm!" he retorted.

Yesterday he told me that he was intending to do the e-bay thing. "Oh, and  I'm thinking of going back and taking that class I need."

Aaah, the mom in me succeeds again. I may have planted the seed of the idea. Heh, heh, heh. No, I don't ask for any credit. Maybe it was meant to be.

Profile

fruzicle: (Default)
Julie R Fricke

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
678 9101112
13141516171819
2021 2223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 06:43 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios